3 Ways To Convert Online Leads into Paying Customers
“Every aspect of marketing is entirely useless unless it produces conversions.” – Jeremy Smith
When doing business, we have always thought that it is enough to just be focusing on updating products, finding new markets, processing orders and making sales. But all of this is useless if potential customers don’t turn into actual ones. Most businesses spend a majority of their budget to bring visitors into their website, but are not doing enough to convert them into customers. The fact is that the importance of conversion is often overlooked due to a lack of understanding of the customer psychology.
Fortunately, your business can be resurrected by following a few simple tips that make a significant difference. Here are three ways to convert online leads to paying customers:
1. See Things From Your Visitor’s Perspective
The layout of your website really impacts whether your customers will buy from you. Customers hate it when they come into something complicated on websites while seeking for answers to their questions. It is important to exclude all that is pointless and accentuate important buttons such as “add to shopping-cart” button. Make sure to keep your website simple and easy to understand. By ensuring that customers are able to navigate around your website effortlessly, you can fasten the decision making process of your customers and see an increase on your sales.
Important aspects to include in your website:
- Clear and visible call-to-action
- Shopping cart button with minimal distractions
- Video chat, bot or a co-browsing walk-through tool to visually guide customers
It is important to keep customer frustration low and help them to interact and engage with your site more effectively. Retention rates will ultimately rise and bounce rate will drop.
2. Eliminate Shopping Cart Abandonment
It is important to offer something irresistible that customers have to put their hands on in one visit. Admiration is not enough for someone to buy a product or service, with even a little bit hesitation, it becomes forgettable. For instance, a customer admires a product but was a little hesitant to purchase it right away so they placed the item in the shopping cart with the intention of returning to the website later but of course, they never came back! E-commerce sites need to understand this about consumers.
Studies made by Bayard Institute has shown that 68.7% of consumers abandon their shopping cart at least one time. This could be attributed to:
- Too many options: Abundance of options to choose from. (other brands)
- High prices: Similar product with similar costs elsewhere. Make sure your pricing is competitive.
- Shipping costs: “unfair” shipping rates. Make sure your shipping costs are as low as possible or offer free shipping as a promotional strategy.
- Slow check-out processes: Make sure to make the check out process as easy as possible for the customer. (Ask for minimal personal data, small amount of pages to click through, allow transaction as guest)
Remember that you’ve gotten the customer to actually want to purchase your product or service, don’t let anything get in the way of making the sale. It is important for your check-out process to be as effortless and seamless as possible.
3. Accessibility Of Your Site In All Devices
According to Google, customer conversion is impressively impacted by having a responsive website. With the advancement of technology, customers are now able interact with brands while they are on the move, anywhere they might be only with their smartphones. Despite this fact, there are still a lot of businesses that have not optimised their websites for mobile devices. This causes them to suffer from lower conversion rates than other businesses who have optimised their website. It is important for you to provide your visitors with the same experience regardless of the device they are using.
Important aspects to include in the optimisation of your website:
- Responsive design – ability to read & move with minimal resizing, panning, and scrolling across a wide range of devices.
- Responsive site.
- Four different version of screen sizes.
Customer experience is the key to increase conversion. It is now in your hands to get the ball rolling! Evaluate and improve your strategy and never give up!
Interested to learn more about how to perfect your digital marketing strategy? Click Here!